Monday, February 25, 2013

What's For Dinner...

 Update: Bread Below...

Good Monday Morning to You...hope you all had a nice weekend! Miss Kitty has gone to Granny's for the day to visit with her. So, I thought I would use the opportunity to share with you today.
   Since this is a family blog, we will, from time to time, muscle our way in to use the computer in order to do so, since Kitty hogs it all the time. Lol! 
  Today, we are sharing photos of what we are having for dinner tonight. I started early today preparing and cooking, a homemade Chicken & Veggie Soup.
  I have homemade bread in the oven to go with the soup. I'm showing it to you now with crackers. When it comes out of the oven I'll do an update to show it to you. Click on pics to enlarge.


I didn't show you the prepare process, however, if you ever want to see how I prepare a dish, please let me know. The soup consist of ckicken, noodles, carrots, celery, onions, peppers, etc. I am from South Louisiana,, but I don't cook with the spicy and hot peppers because of our health. Either way you serve this soup, it is very good on this cold rainy day.

 
James, my husband, loves Banana Pudding, especially with meringue and whipped topping. This is dessert!
  I love cooking. I also cook for the pets too...as a treat or reward. I always prepare them for it by telling them I'm cooking dinner for them...my treat! They all wait around in the kitchen sniffing the air until it's time to eat. Yeah, I know...they are some spoiled little brats!
  If I can get Kitty back home without a fight...she will be back tomorrow her usual self. So, until then...

Wishing You All A Lovely Week...
Loretta
                                                  Update


I'm sorry it took so long, we had a thunder storm with some strong lightning, so I had to turn off everything, especially my computer. The bread came out before the storm intensified. I baked two loaves and will carry one to Mom when I pick up Kitty.

  Thanks for stopping by today. Until then...
  

9 comments:

  1. That chicken and noodle soup looks yummy! A homecook meal is always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s so nice to have granny on a visit.Nosbuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! I am a sucker for a good bowl of soup, summer or winter.
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I am now absolutely starving!! *Salivates*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm
    un beau repas.
    ronrons
    Opale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmm....nothing reminds me more of my mom than a loaf of homemade bread. I've never mastered breadmaking, the loaves always come out lopsided so I usually stick to buns.

    Hope Kitty enjoyed her visit with Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitty goes visiting??? That's just crazypants! I never had a kitty that paid visits before ;-)

    I bet Kitty would enjoy some of that whipped cream. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your soup looks delectable! I always enjoy your food pictures. Banana pudding is one of my faves, too. Yummy. I'm headed to Buffalo this weekend to pick up my stepdaughter's dog, so soon I will be baking doggy biscuits. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm.. banana pudding and fresh bread.. sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to: She..."Spoke To Me" I's like yu' word...meow!

Link Within